What You’re REALLY Hungry For – Season 1, Episode 012
Connection: How Your Story of Struggle Can Set You Free
Do you ever feel completely alone?
Like no one in the world could possibly understand what you’re going through?
Are you afraid that if people did know what you were going through, or what you had been through, that they would see you differently?
Maybe they wouldn’t love you.
Maybe they wouldn’t like you.
Maybe they would say things about you or judge you.
So you stay quiet.
You let the stories that define you live in the darkness where no light can touch.
Because it’s safe that way.
Because you’re safe that way.
But hiding your truth isn’t safety. It’s fear.
When you can take a deep breath, gather your courage, and share your stories – about the man that left you, the person you cheated on, the depression you suffered from, the suicide attempts you made, the times you pulled food back out of the trash and ate it, and so many more – the more freedom you will experience.
The lighter you will feel.
“But what will they SAY?” you ask.
Most likely they will say, “Me too.”
You see, we all suffer in silence thinking no one can possibly understand.
And that’s simply not true.
How many times have you heard the story where my life got so bad I wanted to die? Or heard another story from someone else suffering and thought, “Wow! Me too! I know how that feels.”
When you share your story, you liberate others to do the same.
You help them free their truth.
You help them heal.
And when they heal – when YOU heal – permanent change is created. Your life is better. You are happy.
My guest today, Bo Eason, is the go-to expert on the power of your story. He joins me today on “What You’re REALLY Hungry For” to teach us the importance of sharing our story, speaking our truth, and taking back our power so that everything is possible.
What You Will Discover In This Episode
- 0:00 – Intro to Connection: How Your Story Of Struggle Can Set You Free
- 4:16 – Introducing Bo Eason
- 5:36 – Bo reveals how prison and Al Pacino led him from the NFL to a career on Broadway
- 10:05 – The ONE thing you must have if you want to be the best in the world at what you do (you’ll NEVER guess what it is!)
- 11:18 – Discover the best gift you can give to another human being (we ALL want this!)
- 13:05 – What all of the people you admire have in common (YOU might have it, too!)
- 14:56 – How to share the parts of your story that you feel guilt and shame over – and why you should
- 17:15 – What’s even more important than courage (hint: it’s the ONLY thing that matters)
- 18:38 – The first step to transformation and healing
- 19:20 – Bo answers the question, “What are you REALLY hungry for”
- 21:21 – YOUR challenge for the week
After watching this interview, tell me: What’s the ONE thing you will do this week to share YOUR story? Share with me in the comments!
Connection: How Your Story Of Struggle Can Set You Free with Bo Eason
Keep Discovering What You’re Really Hungry For
- PERSONAL STORY POWER EVENT
- PERSONAL STORY POWER PACK
- BO EASON’S FACEBOOK
- BO EASON’S TWITTER
- BO EASON’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Speaker, performer, author Bo Eason started his career in the NFL first with the Houston Oilers and then with the San Francisco 49’ers. In 2001, Bo wrote and performed his one-man play, Runt of the Litter, which opened in New York to rave reviews. Bo toured with the play in over 50 cities and it is now being adapted as a major motion picture. Bo now coaches others to be excellent presenters and storytellers. Bo is dedicated to helping others tap the power of their personal story and become effective, persuasive communicators. Bo has also appeared as a guest on shows like Bill Maher, Fox Sports Net, ESPN, The Rosie O’Donnell Show and CNN.
Access Every Single Episode!
Click here to access all the episodes I’ve released so far (make sure to bookmark it!). I will also send an email every week when a new episode launches so you’re always in the know, so make sure you’re on the mailing list!
Let’s Keep Talking
1. What’s the ONE thing you will do this week to share your story?
I know, I know. It’s not an easy thing to do but I believe that together we can do everything! Tell me below!
2. What question do you have about today’s topic?
Post it in the comments below and every Thursday following this episode’s release, I will answer your questions in our What You’re REALLY Hungry For Q&A Episode! You don’t want to miss it, so post your question below!