Name That Recipe Contest!
CATEGORIES: Diet and Nutrition / Recipes /
I really value your opinion! In fact, I’ve listened to all of your amazing ideas to help me create not only this cookbook, but also the next big step I’ll be taking in my business! (You’ll hear more about that soon…). For now, I could really use your help to name one of my favorite comfort food recipes from the book: Mac and Cheeze!
Exciting, right? What’s even MORE exciting is that I’m letting YOU name this mouth-watering dish in my Name That Recipe Contest! What’s at stake (besides the integrity of this ridiculously delicious guilt-free recipe)? I’m giving away a FREE in depth personal nutrition consultation (valued at $1200) with yours truly for the best idea AND you will get your name published with this recipe in the book! Cool, huh?
The rules are pretty simple:
- Read the ingredients and directions for inspiration
- Scroll down below and post your suggestion in the Facebook Comments section.
- The limit is three suggestions per person but feel free to use all three to increase your chances of winning!
- The contest ends at midnight PDT on Sunday 9/16.
Now for the pièce de résistance! The recipe! I love mac and cheese. It’s such a comfort food for me! It brings back warm gushy memories from childhood and simply melts my insides into ooey gooey content. When I turned to a plant-based diet, I knew I simply couldn’t give up one of my favorite guilty pleasures. So, with a little creativity, I came up with this healthy spin on it!
Here’s the Recipe:
1 c gluten-free elbow pasta
1 small sweet potato, chopped
½ c almond milk
¼ tsp mustard
3 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Follow directions on the box to cook pasta until it’s al dente, drain, then cover and set aside.
3. Once sweet potato is tender, add to blender with almond milk, lemon juice, mustard, nutritional yeast, olive oil, and garlic powder. Mix well.
4. Add sweet potato mixture to pasta, heat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until hot and serve!
*Bonus Tip: After step 3 you can fold in pasta and add mixture to a baking dish sprayed with virgin olive oil. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until top begins to brown. Put this on a nice plate and you’ve got a sophisticated dinner!
It’s SO delicious! Try it yourself for inspiration to submit the perfect recipe name. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
And just a reminder, I’m throwing a HUGE party for the cookbook release and YOU are invited! If you aren’t already on the list, sign up HERE to become a VIP and get exclusive discounts and a chance to win your share of over $10,000 worth of prizes! When I throw a party, I don’t joke around.
Lots of love!
UPDATE: THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
Thanks SO much to all of you who participated!!! Your ideas are amazing!! We will announce the winner RIGHT HERE on this website on Friday, September 21, 2012. Thank you again!!!